Friday, 7 July 2017

Grunge art...

I think these are my grungiest creations ever.

 I just spent ages layering acrylic paint until I just reached the point where I liked how it looked. Again, as has happened several times now, it is only when I cut it up that it takes on a whole new look, and each piece is quite different.

grunge A 
I simply Gesso'd a piece of 300gsm card and began applying the paint, initially with my fingers, I find this quicker and easier to blend the paint. It was only later that I used a bristle fan brush for the sweeps of white and black paint.

Grunge Ac 
For my next card I added a large 10ml eyelet and some sari ribbon. 

Grunge Ad 
The fab sentiments are by Dina Wakley called "Just want to say". 

Grunge Af 
As you can tell I am still enjoying my acrylic painting which I still want to pursue and improve on.

Thank you for stopping by, have a great weekend x

6 comments:

Shauna Todd said...

You are doing such creative and fun art these days! Love it!

Cathy said...

Fantastic cards Sarita, your acrylics look like little masterpieces, Cathy x

Debbie L said...

so lovely

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Bonjour Sarita-Jasmine,

Je sais que tu ne réponds pas aux messages parce que je n'ai pas eu cette chance jusqu'à présent.
J'adore tout ce que tu fais. Je suis très fan et admirative.
Quel talent !
J'aimerai que tu me donnes quelques renseignements sur l'acétate que tu utilises. Moi je n'arrives pas à mettre des tampons sur celle que j'ai acheté, ni à la chauffer.
Ce serait sympa que tu me donnes ta marque.
De même que le papier doré que tu utilises pour tes sentiments "WInter ou A very merry Christmas". D'avance merci.
J'abuse si je te demande le nom du vendeur de tes rubans sari peut-être ne les trouve t-on que sur Ebay..
Sur Ebay.fr, je n'en trouve pas d'aussi beaux " yari-yari".
Tu ne viens plus de nouveau sur le blog, je t'espère en bonne santé.
A très bientôt.
Bises.

MaryannG

Rachel Jolley said...

I hope you are alright as you’ve not posted anything for a few months? I love your creations, I think you are super talented.

Rachel Jolley said...

I hope you are alright as you’ve not posted anything for a few months? I love your creations, I think you are super talented.